ways to keep warm when your heater is broken:
- stay in bed, like forever
- laundry! learn to finally adore that the kids’ clothes are all inside out. sticking your whole arm down each and every fresh-from-the-dryer pant leg is so warming!
- long long showers
- bake something delicate. watch it like a hawk. from six inches away.
- coffee and tea
- long car rides, heater cranked
- pull your unsuspecting kids on your lap and hug ’em lots, even if they hate it
- gather ’round ye old space heater
- thank your lucky stars you live in a place where it’s only in the mid 50s, mid winter
don’t miss the crazy beautiful new this joy+ride, issue #51 with winter landscapes from martha mcquade. i’ve only watched the slideshow a bazillion times instead of a gazillion — since, you know, our heater’s broken and she’s showing off a lot of pretty snow.